2015年6月21日星期日

智洪《十大愿王09》心得报告

常随佛学 To follow the teachings of the Buddhas at all times

I am experiencing some troubled nights for the past 10 days or so. Troubled in the sense of not having good rests at night. I was having dreams and of course, nightmares in between nights. Those dreams caused me quality rest that I needed most at this time of the year (year end taxation submission deadline for companies is at the end of next month). I asked myself whether these dreams were caused by the increasing work pressure? Maybe yes, maybe no. I don’t know.

For the past few days, I am also experiencing some sort of home sickness of Hoeh Beng Temple.  Surprise! I’m in indeed surprise of this too. We didn’t attend the previous session of our 行愿茶会on the 25.04.2015 because of my wife’s aunt’s funeral but we were there on the Wesak Day! Somehow, I felt that I have not been there for a very long period of time. I asked myself on why I am having this kind of feeling. I can’t give one explanation at the moment.

Every time I chant the 10 vows, to me the eighth vow is only the continuous reading and learning of the teachings of Buddha. After listening to Master’s video, 常随佛学 is actually way beyond them. I have limited capacity to learn Dharma effectively due to my language limitation but thanks to Hoeh Beng Temple for accommodating students like me, and also my wife for being an ever ready tutor and translator, I am able to get closer to Buddha and his teachings.

I light up incenses at home both mornings and evenings. But I have not fulfilled my part as a devoted student yet. Every time I stand in front of the Buddha statue, I stare into his smiley face. At times, he looks jovial. Some time, he looks stern. Those were the times that I think caused by my cloudy mind. The face of Buddha reminds me to face my daily life challenges positively. I am still struggling to do it but I will put in my best effort.

Amitabha.

[When we are having troubles, emotion, or sad feeling that affected us, always remember The Forth Vow: 忏悔业障 (to repent misdeeds and evil karmas). Continue the practice of 108-bow, it is a very good way to take away feelings and emotion.]