2014年12月16日星期二

智洪《十大愿王02》心得报告

‘Puxian Bodhisattva will immediately relieved himself from whatever he is doing to assist anyone who is willing to 拜忏’.

Puxian Bodhisattva is such a great individual to be able to exercise his vow to assist people.

• I was approached by a close friend for some monetary assistance some months ago. He was (may still be) a habitual gambler. I didn’t respond to him in a manner which is normally expected from a close friend. In fact, my first respond was to avoid him. I didn’t answer his initial calls and messages.

We were very close since our schooling days. I know him very well and maybe because of this, I was very reluctant to extend a helping hand to him. I was practically
以知去行。I was still guided by my presumptions (maybe even more correct – prejudice) that I may have on him. To me, he wanted to borrow some money to punt. 

I confronted him some years ago and he admitted that he wanted to borrow some capital to win back some portion of what he had lost.

Somehow, sometimes I face a dilemma. I was wondering ‘what-if’ he really wants to change for good? What-if he needs cash for his daily necessities? What-if he needs cash for medications? Shall all ex-convicts, gamblers or even drug addicts not be given another chance to repent even though statistically their probability of reverting to old habit is very HIGH?

• I was also comparing his situation with those we sometimes think the not-so-genuine beggars. To those beggars, shall we just buy food for them or shall we just donate cash to them? What-if those are genuine beggars who are out there to make some collections for their needy days (‘rainy days’)? Or shall we just closed one eye and donate cash to those cheating syndicates and think that we have done some good deeds? By helping these people (gamblers, drug addicts or fake beggars), are we committing bad deeds and incurring bad karma?

[Keep our mind clear, and Wisdom will appear, you will know how to help. When a hungry person comes, you give him food; a thirsty person comes, you give her something to drink. There is no desire for myself, only for all beings. ]

• Another query that I have is the 108
拜忏. Master said that in our tough days (bad luck), and if nothing can possibly explains the bad luck facing us, they could be due to the ‘sin debts’ resurfaced. We should then do the 108拜忏if other things can’t mitigate the situation.

I thought that if we whole-heartedly and sincerely do things and say things in our daily lives, those are the right ways to live our lives. Why must we bow 108 times daily and stretch our bodies physically if our mental and spiritual are pure and sincere?


[This was just your thinking mind! 以知去行, it is dead person’s learning. As a Dharma Practitioner (行者), we learn through action. So, just do it! ]